Tuesday, June 25, 2013

DAY 100: Rangitoto Part II

Found this on a fence! Small world
I took Cat on another ferry ride to Rangitoto Island off the coast of Auckland. I had gone previously with my friends Brett and Sarah, but I wanted her to see another larger volcano than Mt. Eden and see the view of Auckland.

We had a nice time hiking and exploring. We went through the Lava Caves which was super cool! I met a few Americans at the top of the cone and gave them advice on the best things to see in New Zealand. It really got me thinking about how much I've done! It's kind of crazy actually.

Cat and I took a cab home and freaked the driver out when I turned up Aretha and we started belting "I Will Survive". Sorry we're not sorry!


Anyways, when Cat and I got back, we quickly packed for our weekend trip to Cape Reinga! The two of us would be driving with Brett, Sarah, and Sarah's sister Caroline. The other car was Mike, Jaime, Fifi, and Lizzy.

FUN FACT #52: Cape Reinga is the northern most tip of the North Island. At the lighthouse at the point, you can see the convergence of the Tasman Sea and the Pacific Ocean.

That night, we stayed at an actually very nice hostel and prepared for our Sand Safari the next day!



Volcanic Rock Field

No comments:

Post a Comment