Tuesday, June 25, 2013

DAY 123-124: Blackbutt Animal Reserve

Shaina and her friends Kinga and Caitlin took me to the Blackbutt Animal Reserve in New Castle. It is essentially a free zoo, (and I like free!) where I got the opportunity to see koalas and kangeroos. Not only did I get to see them, but I got to pet and feed them!

I was soooo excited! The koala was surprisingly fluffy. And the kangaroo was surprisingly timid. As I was feeding it, the great big giant emu kept coming over to steal the food! Jerk. But the kanga was so cute and nice.

Afterward, one of Shaina's roommates put on a hypnotist show. I had a fun time watching, it was pretty ridiculous. I left New Castle very early in the morning on a train back to Sydney. Shaina gave me directions to the correct train to take to the airport, and before I knew it, I was back in Auckland. Great vacation :)







No comments:

Post a Comment